The Easy Shmeasy Coin Purse
You Will Need:
Heavy Duty Fusible Interfacing
Optional Labels using this tutorial
1.First cut your Lining and Outer fabric at 5 x 9.
2.Then cut 2 pieces of fusible interfacing at 5 x 9.
3.Iron the fusible interfacing to wrong sides of both pieces of fabric.
4. Pin right sides together (I actually don’t pin, but you may want to) and mark a curve on the corner at one end.
5. Fold in half and cut off the curved edge.
6. Sew around the outside using a ¼ inch seam allowance.
Make sure to leave an opening on the bottom for turning and placing your tag.
7. Turn the coin purse inside out and press. Slip your tag into the opening with the words showing toward the lining fabric. Top stitch the opening closed making sure to catch your tag in the seam.
8. Now turn your project with the outside of the wallet facing up and the lining facing down. Flip your tag so the words are now showing at the outer fabric and topstitch around all sides using a ¼ inch seam allowance. Again make sure to catch your tag so it stays flat.
9. Fold the coin purse in 3rds and press. Attach snaps. Stitch on the left and right sides over your previous ¼ inch seams to make the “purse” part.
10. Enjoy it yourself or give it away!!