I spent most of my day today finishing a sample for the shop I work at. Ruth, my boss, and I got kit happy last week and decided to make up about 4 new kits. It’s just about my favorite part of quilting….picking out the fabric!! This little kit is the one I decided to make the sample for, due to it’s simplicity and ease of sewing up quick.
I had a TRAGIC accident while removing the freezer paper from behind the vine. This had NEVER happened to me. I was shocked! and might I add a little disgusted with myself. I somehow managed to catch the fabric with the freezer paper and pulled SO HARD (with my enormous Popeye muscles) that the fabric ripped!! OMGosh!!! I certainly didn’t want to remake the WHOLE vine as I was already blessedly done with the hand applique portion. Sooooo, as I am want to do, I left it. It will become part of the quilts’ story, and I am sticking to it!
Here is what I finished by lunch:
And here is what I finished after dinner:
It’s super duper bright and happy and lovey!
As I was routing around for some true red embroidery floss (I tend to only have folky prim colors around) I found in a drawer these old blocks I had made quite a few years ago. They make me happy and I think I need to make more and put them together!
WARNING: I did not iron out these blocks so please note they have been squashed in a drawer for a long long long time and don’t poke fun at me!!
Later Gators! Melissa