Project Sewing Room Redo is moving right along. Even my iphone got a cute sewing themed makeover a little bit ago!
I have finished the new curtains, put a fresh coat of paint on the storage furniture, made a new ironing board cover (finally!! OMGOSH when I took the old one off it literally stood up by itself from all the starch and grime.) I am waiting on my fuchsia chandelier to arrive before doing some after photos. It’s looking much lighter and brighter!
The previous owner had sewn simple blinds from cream linen and hung them like a cafe curtain. That is what I’ve lived with in the space. And here you also get a glimpse of the horrifying green and nasty beige paint!
Since it is a sewing room AND on the second floor, there really is no need for full blinds or curtains. I actually love the extra light that comes from having the top portion of the window uncovered.
I wanted to stick with a cafe type curtain, but didn’t want anything ruffly. Something a little more that just a chunk of fabric hanging there like before was needed though.
I decided to make just one box pleat in the middle and let the print of the fabric be the “design.” They are lined with white cotton on the back.
I think they turned out looking pretty cool and modern!
I had just enough left over to make two skinny panels for the other window to bring some pattern to that wall.